News & Events
Find all of the latest news from the school here.
Government Coronavirus Action Plan
Yesterday, the Coronavirus action plan was launched. This document sets out what the UK as a whole has done to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it plans to do next.
The action plan can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The document includes:
· what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
· how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
· the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
· what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes
· the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future
Current advice remains in place: No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
The importance of Hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy for those with coughs and sneezes.
Please help us in sharing simple and effective hand hygiene messages.
Public Health England has a dedicated webpage with a range of posters and digital materials at:
Sign up is quick, free and means you will be alerted as more resources are made available.
Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline
On Monday we launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Where to find the latest information:
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas: